Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Who Will Biden “Be” During the Debate?

It’s probably a long-shot, but I suppose, based on his past episodes involving the “transmigration of souls”, Joe Biden might plagiarize the words, accents and mannerisms of some well-known personage, either contemporary or historical, fictional or real. Maybe he’ll ape FDR – not FDR’s television speech, but his declaration of war after Pearl Harbor. “Monday, September, 29th, 2008 – a date that will live in infamy – the financial rescue bill was suddenly and deliberately attacked by House Republicans.” Perhaps he’ll “register” Humphrey Bogart’s character from The Maltese Falcon, staring ominously at Sarah Palin and saying, “You’re taking the fall, sweetheart. McCain’s losing ground in the polls and you’re going over for it.” Personally, I’d like to see him do Scarlet O’Hara, in response to a tough question from the moderator. “Fiddle-dee-dee, Miss Isfill, I’ll think about that tomorrow.”

Probably too much to hope for; although there’s still a reasonably good chance we’ll at least see him pulling his foot out of his mouth once or twice.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Against 2 women, he's going to have to be very careful not to patronise, or have an overbearing or bullying tone, yet he has to sound strong and masculine, not nagging or whining.

Tightrope.

Anonymous said...

Biden doing Bogey? Funnier if he screws up the lines and does Bacall.

This thing is going to be painful to watch, isn't it?

Maybe scotch is the answer.

Retread

kc said...

Dammit, I'm home in time...and I don't drink!

Why do I keep imagining Biden as Elmer Fudd?

Avoidance may be the key here, I believe I have some dishes in the sink & at least one load of laundry that need my attention.