Sunday, December 14, 2008

Who Said What?



David Axelrod: So, Mr. Emmanuel, youse took part in dat conference call wit Blagojevich? And da governor was bumpin’ his gums da whole time about sellin’ a senate seat, and yez didn’t say nuttin' to nobody about it?

Rahm Emmanuel: I tell yez, Mr. Axelrod, I was dat shocked by da whole ting dat I was speechless. I jus’ hadda take some aspirin and go tuh bed for a few days. Never before had I ever saw such dishonest hijinx in politics. Between me and youse, it really horrified me, completely underminded my fait’ in democracy. In fact, it was very like a nightmare.

Axelrod: So’s it could be da whole ting was jus’ a dream, couldn’t it Mr. Emmanuel? Maybe youse wasn’t even dere, actually. Or maybe youse was so trogmatized ya got magnesia.

Emmanuel: Now dat youse mention it, Mr. Axelrod, I tink ya got some’n dere. I’m tinkin’ back, and I’m wonderin’ if I wasn’t maybe actually at church dat afternoon, or maybe even deliverin’ baskets of fruit to one a dem ol’ folks’ homes. Yeh, now my memory’s startin’ to come back on da subject, I believe I wasn’t on dat conference call at all; must-a been some other goon. I guess it was jus’ my imagination playin’ tricks on my sensitive sub-conscience. Tanks, Mr. Axelrod, for clearin’ up dat business.

Axelrod: Oh, no sweat at all, Mr. Emmanuel. Jus’ one hand washin’ de other; ya know, “no bless o-bleach” an’ all dat.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The New York Times reporter, Paco Paco, nails it as usual.

Anonymous said...

Right after the spin cycle you adds de no bless 'o bleach, but watch out for dose nasty stains left by de ipso facto, unless youse got de benefit of de journalistic dooks exit la machina cos dey hadda run da story early.

Paco said...

Yeh, dat's de ticket.

richard mcenroe said...

Will Rogers never met a man he didn't like.

Barack Obama never met a man he could remember.