Thursday, February 12, 2009

Hey, Maybe Being an Enemy of the State Won't Be So Bad

Paco Enterprises wants to get way ahead of the curve as our country becomes a one-party state, so I’d like to get suggestions from you all now on where you think our gulags should be located. I’m thinking Florida or Arizona; at least, those are places where I’d like to do my time. With California, you’ve still got that earthquake business, and anyplace it snows is just too cold for my aging bones. I also figure that with a president whose economic stimulus plan is going to result in loads of people being out of work, there’s no point in making us do slave labor since we’d pretty much be competing with folks outside the gulags; so, we may be looking at kind of a “country club” gulag environment – golf, tennis, perhaps cleaning up the compound occasionally (for example, picking up discarded nicotine patches, ‘cause you know they’re gonna deny us smokes).

If we act now, we may be able to get what’s left of the Republican Party to negotiate a few prime spots where we conservatives can be incarcerated. This is my vision:


Camp Hope and Chains

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry, Paco, but US Gulags will be shipped off-shore, to the Canadian Tundra ... if you're lucky.

Up there, in the Arctic circle, the Soviet Gulags may be closer than any Western civilization.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ellesmere_Island

Anonymous said...

I prefer Alaska, myself. But to each his own.

Anonymous said...

There will have to be a Camp Hope 'n Chains song.

richard mcenroe said...

I'm holding out for Gitmo. Damn place is nicer than my apartment and the weather's better.

Plus, they're gonna have the vacancies, right?

richard mcenroe said...

TW: deogro: "No one thought Obama had a chance of winning until he tried new, improved DeoGro...!" (in memory of James Whitmore)

RebeccaH said...

Florida is too buggy and humid. I could handle Arizona, but actually, New Mexico is just as nice if less well known. Alternates, if we must rendered to other countries: Costa Rica or Baja.

Anonymous said...

Ah! April in Ajo.

We even have our very own open pit mine to play with courtesy of Phelps Dodge.

What's not to like.