Sunday, May 17, 2009

The Middle of the Road - Home of Moderate Republicans and Dead Possums

Stacy McCain turns the ack-ack gun on another moderate.

Now, don't get me wrong; I think the GOP is big enough to hold people like Charlie Crist and Mario Rubio. But the leadership has got to stop defaulting to the squishier types like Crist, especially in a situation such as the one in Florida where neither candidate is an incumbent. Let the people decide in the primary, and then the NRSC can offer support to the people's choice.

Let's face it, NRSC; this is not the kind of leadership that is going to turn the Democratic tide...

3 comments:

Carol said...

"Let the people decide in the primary, and then the NRSC can offer support to the people's choice."

Exactly. The NRSC has stepped in before we've had a chance to make our own decision and told us who they are willing to support on our behalf. No thank you. I trust my fellow Floridians a whole lot more than a bunch of posers who voiced their suppot for Arlen Specter one week before he gave them a cosmic bird flip.

Isophorone said...

Speaking of letting people decide, are you going to the RPV convention in Richmond on May 30? I'll be there.

Paco said...

Isophorone: I regret that I will not be able to make it. Please tell 'em Paco says "Hey!" - and that he'll be watching closely.