Monday, September 20, 2010

Jimmy Carter: Filling the vacuums of the world with the dust-bunnies of his mind

Ex-president Jimmy Carter (sometimes I say that out loud, over and over, because it's just so soothing) said that he sees his role as a former president to be superior to that of those other douche bags.

He clarified his statement later, as follows: "What I meant was, for 27 years the Carter Center has provided me with superior opportunities to do good."

He also added, "The Carter Center has decided, under my leadership, to fill the vacuums in the world." Well, as a president, he sucked worse than practically any other chief executive in American history (with the possible exception of the current White House squatter), so I suppose he ought to be an expert on vacuums.

Recent photo of Carter, filling vacuums with his superiority.

9 comments:

JeffS said...

I don't wish ill upon Mr. Carter, but if he suddenly dropped dead, I would mourn for maybe 10 seconds.

tbryan said...

Somebody needs to tell Jimmah the dust is clouding his brain and it's time to change the bag.

Anonymous said...

JeffS, that's about 9 1/2 seconds longer than I would 'mourn.'

SwampWoman said...

Hunh. My reaction about Jimmy Carter's demise would be relief and sadness that it didn't happen long, long ago.

JeffS said...

I was thinking more of his family, but, yeah, my next reaction would be "Whew!!!!"

Steve Burri said...

No wonder President Carter acts and speaks so oddly... he's still fighting off those vicious attacking bunnies!

Bob Belvedere said...

Awarded the BLOG POST TITLE OF THE MONTH at:
The Camp Of The Saints


Bravo!

Paco said...

Thankee, Bob! I assume that comes with a sterling silver loving cup? Although gold is fine, too. :)

RebeccaH said...

It's been my experience that the very old tend to say whatever they happen to be thinking, and thinking, for many of them, is a random exercise. Not to slam the old (since I am one of them), but if Jimmy Carter weren't Jimmy Carter, he'd be sitting in a nursing home now, having conversations with the flatware and the bedspreads.