Wednesday, April 25, 2012

A target-rich environment

Roger Simon at Pajamas Media has come up with an excellent award: the Walter Duranty Prize.
Starting this year, PJ Media, in conjunction with our good friends at The New Criterion, will be awarding the first annual Walter Duranty Prize for Journalistic Mendacity.

The first annual Duranty Prize will be given for what our readers consider the most egregious example of dishonest reporting for the fiscal year 2011-2012 (July 1, 2011 – June 30, 2012).

We will be officially accepting nominations from PJM and TNC readers starting May 1, 2012, at Duranty@pjmedia.com (but if you want to go ahead now, no one’s going to stop you – the email address is functioning).

So many examples, so little time...

8 comments:

JeffS said...

I expect that there'll be at least a 3 way tie this first year, unless PJM has set very specific criteria.

tommygun said...

Back then, Walter Duranty was still kind of the exception. But now the left-wing propaganda is the mainstream. For this new award, just about everybody is a winner.

Jonah said...

We would have to decide who the enemy is first, as in, enemies foreign and domestic.

Does the winner have to work for the New York Times? Or is it cable?
Or a blogger?

If we are Breitbartians, and we are all media people now, how do we choose?

I'm afraid the Duranty Award will come to mean as much as the Pulitzer Prize. Namely squat.

Jonah said...

Don't get me wrong, I love the idea. I'm just with tommygun, just about everyone is a winner.

RebeccaH said...

I propose that Paco Enterprises, Graphic Design Division, design a trophy. My suggestion: Duranty's face with a foot-long Pinocchio nose (since I can never see the name Walter Duranty in print without thinking of Jimmy "The Schozz" Duranty anyway). We can make it out of lead.

RebeccaH said...

I propose that Paco Enterprises, Graphic Design Division, design a trophy. My suggestion: Duranty's face with a foot-long Pinocchio nose (since I can never see the name Walter Duranty in print without thinking of Jimmy "The Schozz" Duranty anyway). We can make it out of lead.

Bastiat Fan said...

I would be DELIGHTED to head up the Graphic Design Division and design that trophy.

Just sayin'.

Minicapt said...

RebeccaH
If you go to the link at 'Roger Simon', and you scroll down to the last half of the article …

Cheers