Sunday, March 9, 2014

Sunday funnies

As far as I'm concerned, bacon pretty much markets itself. Oscar Mayer, however, is pushing a bacon blitzkrieg with this over-the-top (and hilarious) video. Kinda makes me want to go do some post-graduate work at the Oscar Mayer Institute for the Advancement of Bacon (H/T: Captain Heinrichs).

NASCAR driver Jeff Gordon pwns automotive journalist Travis Okulski.

You gotta have an exit plan.

Now, I've got what you might call a plebeian palate. I once sent a bowl of vichyssoise back to the kitchen to get it warmed up. But I'd think this here stuff is generally beyond the pale even for your rarified gourmands.

Trash talk through the ages.

This guy can shovel my driveway anytime.

Adult snack...

4 comments:

RebeccaH said...

Well, thanks for the "trash talk" link. I ended up wasting 45 minutes at Listverse, and only just managed to escape.

Anonymous said...

Deborah.... Ah, bacon....God's gift. Paco, Ba.D has a good sound, and looks nifty on cards. Have you thought about your dissertation? If you are in need of research assistants, please keep me in mind. In the meantime, for the advancement of bacon and the fellowship of bacon afficionados, bacon tasting parties should be promoted. But unlike wine, there will be no spitting.

Bacon would be a barn-busting hit if it were offered in vending machines. It would compliment everything, especially the Jack.

Paco, you must no have met Andrew Zimmerman of Bizzare Foods. There doesn't seem to be anything he wouldn't eat. I, on the other hand, draw the line at live animals, and ones that can get crabs out of jars or can pack hunt with communication resembling otherwordly language, and creeping things, and...ok, that's a few lines, but I draw them nonetheless. Paco, please put a warning on such threads. I was still savoring bacon.

If the meal that the bear was ardently and impressively trying to acquire were wrapped in bacon, he wouldn't have quit. He would have pursued until success.

The snowman wars will be starting. Fifty feet...HA! Try one hundred twenty two! They'll be praying for Al Gore to move into their communities. When asked why we do it, the answer is, "Because we're Americans!" God bless America!







mojo said...

Not to mention that the live octopus can kill you if you try eating it wrong. Latches on to the throat lining, I understand, with all those suckers. Very nasty.

Anonymous said...

I've had the living sushi. Odd feeling to have it wiggling around in your mouth....